Ellen Kelly designs and carves models for all the metalwork out of wax and clay. These “masters” are cast out of a pewter alloy to create all the metal elements. The finished piece is plated with sterling silver, 24K gold, or copper. This process dresses up the piece and adds sparkle and value. Various treatments are used with the finishes to add additional texture, such as oxidizing, creating a matte finish, etc. All of the pieces are meticulously filled by hand with crystals and other small embellishments, only using high quality industrial strength products.
- Measures approximately 16" with a 2" extender
- Chain is silver plated. A substrate of nickel or copper is used under the plating depending on the chain.
To see more by this artist, follow this link.
Taking care of your jewelry:
- Hand made jewelry is a piece of art- keep this in mind as you enjoy wearing it.
- Do not wear your jewelry in the shower, pool, or ocean. Chemicals and house hold cleaners can deteriorate the finish, the pearls, crystals, paints, and the resins.
- Sterling silver naturally tarnishes over time due to exposure to oxygen. The finishes may also fade over time, especially if exposed to elements, and this is expected.
- To clean or brighten up your piece use a tarnishing cloth. Never use any chemicals or detergents. Do not use an ultrasound cleaner. Clean the ear wires with alcohol as needed.
Hand-crafted in the U.S.A.
Visit http://creationsgallery.com/offerings.html for more offerings.